Monday, September 26, 2011

How I Make My Face Look Slimmer!

Hello hello again! I've actually been pretty good with my blogging I'll say :) but I shouldn't have said that because I'll jinx it now =___= HAHA! But let's enjoy the time that I do blog okay? hehe so let's get started!

You would always seen them girls on the tv or on a fashion runway and they would seem to always have perfect cheekbones and you've always wanted them perfect cheekbones too( well atleast I do! ), well now you can when the right product that is! :) Here is some of my favorite contouring products!



Left To Right: Benefit's Hoola, Benefit's 10 & MAC Harmony



How They Look When Opened.



Closer Look At Benefit's Hoola.



Closer Look At Benefit's 10.



Closer Look At MAC's Harmony.



Swatches!
Top To Bottom: Harmony, 10, Hoola

My Mini Review On Each One Of Them!

1) Benefit's Hoola

Intensity: It might not look as dark in the pan but if you layer on this baby, you'll definitely be getting more color.

Finish: Definitely matte.

Value: $36 CAN, like always it's on the pricey side but definitely worth it.

Repurchase: Whenever I finish it!

Lasting Power: 6 to 8 hours.

Overall Thoughts: Points for it being matte and comes with ALOT of product so you are definitely getting your money's worth.

Benefit's 10

Intensity: Just like Hoola you'll definitely need to layer on the product to get it to the shade you want.

Finish: It has some shimmer in it but it's not the kind where it's overwhelming and it also gives you a little bit of glow to your skin.

Value: $36 CAN

Repurchase: If I ever finish it, then yes.

Lasting Power: 6 to 8 hours.

Overall Thoughts: I really like it and the good thing is that you also get a highlighting shade on the left so it's like a two in one product, bonus right there!

MAC Harmony

Intensity: As you can tell from the swatches above that this is the most pigmentated from the three and it's definitely darker as well which is great.

Finish: Definitely matte.

Value: $23.5o CAN

Repurchase: It's definitely cheaper then Benefit so it's a yes when I don't feel like spending the $36.

Lasting Power: 6 to 8 hours.

Overall Thoughts: It's definitely a good alternative if you don't want to spend $40 on a contour product and MAC has different shades to choose from for different skin shades.

So to wrap things up, I would definitely recommend these three products to everyone to try! :)

Phew! This was a long review and I'm glad that I finish it! And I hope you guys enjoyed it and definitely check out these products and like always, I want to know what product you use for contouring! :)

Oh! And if you guys have twitter, follow me @lilh3artz because I'm on there like 24/7 :p hehe

3 comments:

  1. I've seen so many good things about Hoola floating around the community! I'm really tempted to try it myself...Hmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite it being more $$$, I think I might want to try out one of the benefit ones, just because I tend to be a bit heavy handed and the key to contouring is to keep it subtle. Thanks for this breakdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Amyboo: You should try it in store and see if you like it cause it's alot of money to spend, but definitely worth it! :D

    @Stacey: You said it girl! And you're welcome, I hope you like it as much as I do! :)

    ReplyDelete