It has been a while since my last blog post and my reason is that work has been consuming me and I have been feeling lazy as well HAHA! But enough of my excuses let's get on with the post!
So for the summertime, people usually lean towards a tinted moisturizer because it's not as heavy as foundation and it'll feel like nothing on your face. This summer I wanted to try out the most raved about Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and the recent raved about Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and compare them to see if they really live up to the hype.
* Note! Picture heavy! :) *
First up! Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua; Shade B30 Beige Sable
- Its a squeeze bottle so you get the right amount of product you want
- You have to shake it well to get the right results you're looking for or else it won't work the way it's suppose to
- Nice and lightweight formula
- Light to medium coverage
- Feels like nothing on the skin
- Gives me a nice dewy look
- Won't leave my skin feeling dry but more hydrated
- Don't need to use a setting powder for it to stay on
I actually can't think of anything bad to say about it
Last up! Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Bisque
- Comes in a squeeze tube
- Gives medium to full coverage
- I also have to give it a shake or the product will come out differently
- Great consistency
- Doesn't have much a scent to it
- After 8 hours my skin would feel a little bit drying
- I have to set it with a powder foundation or a setting powder so it'll stay on all day
- I have to store it with the cap facing upwards or else the product will spill out -__-
Which One Is The Winner?
I would have to go with Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua because it truly does live up to it's hype and it does provide my skin with the coverage I need without feeling " over done ". But I will say that Laura Mercier is still a great tinted moisturizer just not as good as Chanel in my opinion.
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua - $49 CAN / $45 US ( 30ml )
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - $46 CAN / $42 US ( 40ml )
Hope you guys enjoyed this battle between the two! Also leave me a comment of which one you prefer using or if you have a favorite already, tell me and I might go and try it out :)