Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Review: Benefit's They're Real Mascara

Hello Hello my lovelies! I'm back to do a review on the most RAVED about product at the moment ( well that I know of lol ) : Benefit's They're Real Mascara.

I really love the Benefit because they have the cutest packaging and names for their products and that's what makes them stand out from the higher end brand category. The product that I love most from them is probably their boxed powders; they are a little pricey $28US/$36CAN but they give you a lot of product for the money so it is definitely worth it. I've recently tried out their lip glosses and I will say that they might be my new favorite :) because the texture of the lip gloss isn't sticky at all and they have a nice scent ( I prefer this scent over MAC's signature vanilla scent ) I would definitely recommend everyone to try out their lip products!

Anyways... I seem to be getting sidetracked so I better get on with the review!



Front View Of The Package.



Back View Of The Package.




The Product.




My Review!

I'm going to just say... I returned the product back to Sephora. * DUN DUN DUN * I know I know shocking right? Well I guess I'm part of the 6% that didn't see any results for my eye lashes.

I was really excited when I heard that Benefit was coming out with a new mascara that had a little rounded tip and I immediately thought of a mascara that I loved from the drugstore: Loreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara; so when I bought Benefit They're Real Mascara I couldn't wait to try it out so when I got home I immediately tried it on!

Due to my asian stubborn eye lashes I of course had to curl them first, after the first swipe I thought " Okay it's doing well so far, it did separate my eye lashes and gave me the length let's see how a second coat would look like " and BAM! This is the point where I knew it wasn't going to work out; my eye lashes started to clump up and point downwards. As stubborn as I was I was thinking I could use my eyelash curler to bring back the curl but it made it worse and I loss some eyelashes. *tear*

* I do apologize for the not so appealing photos coming up, I just got out of the shower at the time when I took these photos lol You have been warned!*



With Benefit's They're Real Mascara.

Overall Thoughts.

Rating: 3/5
Pricing: $22US/$29CAN

That picture still make me depressed just looking at it because I really wanted to love it but I guess it just wasn't meant to be :( I'm happy it worked out for you guys though because it is a great mascara and Benefit did a good job too! Sigh but I will share with you one of my favorite drugstore mascara at the moment and I'm sure you've seen it in a couple monthly favorites and it's the Maybelline's The Colossal Volume Mascara ( the one in the bright yellow tube )

It gives the separation and length I need for my eyelashes, this is a great daytime mascara because it doesn't give you the darkness you want if that makes any sense so I'm still on the hunt for a good nighttime mascara, if you have any suggestions for me leave it in the comments below! :)



With Maybelline's The Colossal Volume Mascara

I hope that you guys enjoyed this review and please don't hate me because this product didn't work out for me, everyone has different opinions on products so if it didn't work out for me it might work out for you so I would encourage you to go try it out! Until next time! <3

4 comments:

  1. Great review, I'm glad I read this because I was actually going to buy this product when I got paid tomorrow but thinking about it know because it's very expensive especially if it doesn't do a brilliant job.

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Benefit's products as well! (especially the CORALista blush box and Boi-ing concealer). That's a shame that their mascara didn't work out for you. I was thinking about trying it but I hate paying a lot for a mascara. I might give the Maybelline mascara a try, though! :)

    <3 Melanie @ http://beauty.adorability.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...I'm sorry this didn't work for you. I also heard great reviews of the product too, but I haven't bought it yet. It might be the same for me because of my Asian lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer this didn't work for you! I also have stubborn lashes and looking for a good mascara that would hold curl~

    Thanks for the honest review hun xo

    ReplyDelete