Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Makeup Starter Kit For Beginners

Hello! For this post I'm going to be sharing with you guys what are the makeup items I would recommend for someone that is just starting out with makeup and then some other products for when they got the hang of the makeup scene. Now this is just my opinion for  what a beginner should have in their makeup stash, so don't give me heck for it LOL just kidding, anyways let me get started! :) 


The Basics! 

Concealer/Corrector: I think this is probably a must have product for everyone just because I'm sure that everyone will have that odd dark spot, redness or pimple that they want to cover up. It also comes in handy for those days where you don't want to put on foundation just cause you're feeling lazy that day and I raise my hand to that lol 

Powder: This is probably another must have product for everyone because it can help set your liquid foundation and make it last for the whole day ( well almost the whole day ) or even like the concealer it can make a great alternative to the liquid foundation. 

Eyeliner: Now I know when I first started using eyeliner I used pencil because I was afraid of using a liquid one but I'm so glad that I gave it a try because I realize that it applies so much better then pencil ( no tugging on the eyelid! ) and it lasts longer too which is always a plus! If you go for liquid as your first time then I recommend you starting from the tear duct and making small strokes ( aka connect the lines/dots )or else you'll make a mistake and then you'll have to start all over again. 

Eyelash Curler: I will admit that when I first saw my sister using one of these I really did think that it was a torture device but when I bought my very first one I knew that I was going to be using it for the rest of my life. Now I have the typical asian eyelashes so you know that they are short and straight so this tool was a god sent for us asian girls and you know I'm right ;) My holy grail eyelash curler is from Shu Uemura and I highly recommend it to everyone! 

Mascara: I know that not everyone needs mascara to help make their eyelashes pop ( I'm shaking my fists for them girls that have gorgeous eyelashes to begin with LOL ) but if you have my type of eyelashes then you know you need this item. I haven't found my holy grail mascara yet but the brand that I lean towards for my mascaras is Maybelline, I haven't had a problem yet and plus it's from the drugstore which is a major plus especially when you're supposedly suppose to throw it out every three months.

Blush: If I was put on the spot to only pick one makeup item and use it for the rest of my life it would be either eyeliner or blush ( If you saw my collection then you would understand haha ) I truly think that blush can really enhance your face and make it look brighter and have life in your face. I usually go for the pinks or coral toned blushes just cause I think they suit my skin tone alot better then a purple toned one would. 

Lipstick/Lipgloss: This is probably one makeup item that you can show your personality off because there is alot shades that you can choose from, I mean some brands have purples and blacks! If you are just starting out I would really recommend the Revlon Lip Butters if you looking for bolder colors or Loreal Color Riche Lip Balm has more of a natural shade range. 
I'm not really a lip gloss person so I can't really say much about it but I know that you don't like the feeling of lipstick then go with a pigmented lip gloss! 

Well that's all! If you got the basics down then you can move into the eyeshadows, bronzers, highlighters, primers and such. I'll probably have a separate post on that so stay tuned for that :) For now I leave you with a photo of what I'm wearing on my nails right now, Enjoy! :D 


" A Crewed Interest " & " A Cut Above " 
Both by Essie and are limited editions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment