Friday, June 8, 2012

Mascara Madness! ft. Maybelline

Hello hello! I believe it's been a while since I last did a proper makeup item review so I thought for today I would do one on mascaras! Now if you're a typical Asian girl like me then you would share my pain in wanting longer eyelashes so we can bat our eyes at them boys ;) LOL just kidding but you know what I'm saying right? 

I have realized that the one makeup item that I haven't been splurging on would probably mascara and that's because it's the only makeup item that has a shortest expiry date ( apparently we're suppose to throw it out every three months.. ) so of course keeping that in mind I would rather splurge on like eye shadows or blushes. 

From my experience with drugstore mascaras, I haven't really had a problem and I really don't want to pay $30 every three months and the brand that I trust for drugstore mascara would be Maybelline. I have probably tried 5 or 6 from the brand and they haven't let me down, and the " series " that I usually go for is Volum' Express and the two mascaras that I will be reviewing today is from this series so let me get started before I blah on :) 


From Left to Right: 

Volum' Express The Falsies Mascara in Waterproof Brownish Black ( When I purchased this back when, I didn't look at the packaging and grabbed the wrong color -_____- ) 

Volum' Express One By One Mascara in Waterproof Blackest Black ( Haha! The label totally rubbed off ) 


Full Brush View of One By One


Side Brush View of The Falsies 


Another Side View of The Falsies 


No Eye Lash Primer: One By One Mascara 


No Eye Lash Primer: The Falsies 

Review Time!

Volum' Express One By One Mascara: I don't know where to start with this but I will say that I love it! I love how it separates each of my eyelashes pretty well and it also lengthens them pretty well I'll say. And I do believe that the big mascara brush helped to grab on the every single eye lash to give the full effect. I also like how it doesn't make my eyelashes all " crunchy " and hard, that's definitely something I hate in a mascara. The name of this mascara definitely defines the product itself pretty well :) 

Volum' Express The Falsies: Now I'm sure from the picture above you know what I'm going to say about this one, well I guess you could say that I'm not really a fan of it. I mean it really did lengthen my eyelashes but they really clumped together ( tried separating them with a eyelash comb ) and it made my eyelashes look a little spider-y look and I'm not a fan of that look. 

Conclusion!

I'm sure you guys know which one I'm gonna choose from the two.. You guessed right! It's Volum' Express One By One! Now I'm sure you gonna ask me if I would consider this as a holy grail drugstore mascara, well I'm not too sure yet because there's still alot of different mascaras that I want to try out! So I was thinking of doing a new series called Mascara Madness and I will probably do this maybe once or twice a month and do a full review on that mascara, what do you guys think? :) 

Well I think I have said enough so I will leave you with a question and that is do you have a favorite/holy grail drugstore mascara? I want to hear your opinions and who knows I might go out and try it and it might become my holy grail mascara ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment